Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Disgusting or not?


So in all cultures there are some kind of weird foods. I like weird foods, or hmm..yeah. Right now I´m eating beef tripe soup (flaki) which consist of a half-clear soup and stripes of the cow´s stomache. Sounds delicious, right?
Beef tripe is usually made from only the first three chambers of a cow's stomach: the rumen (blanket/flat/smooth tripe), the reticulum (honeycomb and pocket tripe), and the omasum (book/bible/leaf tripe). Abomasum (reed) tripe is seen much less frequently, owing to its glandular tissue content.
And no, of coure I don´t do them myself (this takes like hours), but the bought ones are good, just to heat up and they contain a few amount of calories.

Other weird stuff that I like is goose liver, snails, calamari, animal hearts, mussels etc.
Do you like weird food?
xoxo,
Vicky

No comments: