Thursday, December 31, 2009

The last intervew of 2009 with Leighton Meester

Leighton Meester. Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl, an actress and a musician.
How much of a stigma, if any, do you feel as an actor turned musician?
I feel none, unless I’m asked that question.

Which actor-turned-musician do you listen to more: Heidi Montag or Joey Lawrence?
I wasn’t aware of either. I mean, I know who those people are, but I didn’t know that they were musicians or actors. I know Joey Lawrence is an actor, but I didn’t know that Heidi Montag was an actress. I think that if I look up to any actor/musicians, and there are quite a few of them, I really like Dolly Parton, 2Pac, Cher. I really like Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Lopez. There’s a lot of ‘em.

What can people expect from your live show?
It’s a lot of fun. It’s just a good mood. It’s a really good vibe. It’s very sexy. So far we’re doing about five songs each set. I have a DJ, a live drummer, keyboardist, two dancers and, of course, myself.

Do you play anything or just sing?
Just sing and dance. And writhe around.

If someone wanted to get your attention after your show, what should they do?
Probably throw their socks up on stage.

What’s something they should not do?
Throw anything hard on stage. [Laughs] I’m just kidding. [Laughs] What’s something they should not do? I don’t know. I’d like to see what happens.

How would you describe your sound in five words or less?
I guess I’d say fun, new, sexy, cute, electric, um… how many words was that? [Laughs] Emotionally driven.

Someone said with your music you were attempting to be less Blair and more Britney. What do you think of that?
I think that person definitely doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

What’s the first CD you ever bought?
I think that the first CD I ever bought was “Tragic Kingdom” [by No Doubt] and what was that one Mariah Carey [CD]? I think it was, like, “Sweet Fantasy” or something. It’s, like, black and white with her on the cover with a belly chain. [Ed. Note: She’s likely talking about the black-and-white “Daydream” and its single “Fantasy.” “Butterfly” is the album cover boasting the belly chain.] I just loved that. Oh. My. God. I would, like, sing every word with my hairbrush as a microphone.

How often do you do that now?
All the time!

What do people say when they recognize you?
They’re very unsure. Because I don’t think people know what to expect and they definitely don’t expect what they see. They end up being like, “Are you Leighton Meester?” And then I’m like, “Maybe.” [Laughs] I wear glasses and I definitely don’t put off the diva vibe most of the time.

What’s the most outrageous thing Blair has done that you would never, ever do?
Damn. She’s done a lot. I think just outing people for being imperfect. Meanwhile she’s like the most flawed human on the planet. But she doesn’t tolerate that and she lets everybody know. I think just like publicly humiliating people.

You’re more of a private person.
Yes, I’m much more like, “Stab ‘em in the back, not in the front.”

How often are you kept up at night by how much you and “Gossip Girl” are corrupting the youth of America?
Well, clearly not at all. [Laughs] I think it’s funny. In my real life, I think I lead by the example of my parents and my friends and I keep good company. … I’m not gonna lie. Doing some of these things on TV is kind of a way to release. It’s pretty fun. But you could never do it in real life.

How much preparation did you need to act obsessed with Minka Kelly in the upcoming film “The Roommate”?
Well, it’s not hard. She’s really hot. ... I’ve known Minka for years.

Does the plot remind you of any real-life experiences?
Yeah! I don’t know really any woman or guy to be honest with you that hasn’t dealt with a crazy roommate or just roommates that suck.

Do you have an anecdote?
Umm … [Laughs] Let’s just say we had a lot of fun times but some of them were … I think it’s too dramatic to talk about actually.

Was it mostly stuff like leaving the lid off the peanut butter jar?
Mostly, but then there’s a bunch of other stuff. ... I remember one of the first movies I ever actually remember watching was “Single White Female.” Bitches can get crazy, I’m not gonna lie.

I don’t know why that isn’t the title of the movie, “Bitches Can Get Crazy.”
I think that should be the title of the movie! [Laughs] I’m going to call them and tell them.

What are your New Year’s resolutions?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions 'cause I don’t ever keep them past, like, the third of January. Even when I was a little kid I would always, just to make my parents happy, say I was going to make my bed everyday. But I didn’t. And nowadays I don’t ever anyway because I just sleep in it. I guess my New Year’s resolution is to just keep doing what I’m doing and be happy. A good new year’s resolution for most people, including myself, is to remember people’s names. I know that that sounds really not nice, but I feel like you meet so many new people and it definitely counts if you can remember everybody’s name well.

What’s my name again?
[Laughs] I don’t think you introduced yourself.

I definitely did when I picked up the phone. OK, you’ll work on it next year.
It’s still 2009.
xoxo,
Vicky

No comments: